King Edward Memorial Hospital
WA Register of Developmental Anomalies
How to Access Data
If you are interested in carrying out research using the WARDA data, please complete the following steps:
- Contact the Head of WARDA to discuss your proposal.
- If your proposal is approved by WARDA and you only require non-identifying, tabulated or statistical information, WARDA will extract the information and provide it to you.
- If your proposal is approved by WARDA but requires ethics approval(s) follow the steps outlined on the Department of Health Human Research Ethics Committee and other Human Research Ethics Committees as necessary.
Forward copies of the Ethics Approval notifications to WARDA (Department of Health Human Research Ethics Committee will automatically do this)
- Once received, WARDA will extract the information and provide it to you.
- Final reports or papers for publication are to be vetted by the Head of WARDA before publication.
Please note, WARDA codes all diagnoses with the British Paediatric Association Classification of Diseases (five digit extension of ICD9).